Set Goals that Inspire You If you want to be happy, set goals that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes. Success is not only an attitude and belief system, it's also a science. Experts on the science of success know that the brain is...read more
I am asking for what I want several times a day, believing that I will receive it. Everything -- including you - is vibrating at a specific and unique frequency. That means you can learn to use the power of deliberate thought to stay in a state of higher vibration and...read more
I am constantly aware of the power of positive thinking and I am supported by the Universe as it brings me endless opportunities for growth. Basic chemistry tells us that a physical object, such as a house, or a dog, a car is made up of billions of individual...read more
Leverage the Law of Attraction What you radiate outward in your thoughts, feelings, mental pictures, and words, you attract into your life. Have you tried to turn gravity on or off? Probably not because you realize that it can't be done. Well, there is another...read more
Did you know that 20% of millionaires never set foot in college? Even Bill Gates and Steve Jobs dropped out of college! Plus there are countless other examples of people who became successful in their field or who started a new path in their life without...read more
The 9 guidelines for creating effective affirmations – Part 1&2
- Start with the word I am. The words I am are the two most powerful words in the language. The subconscious takes any sentence that starts with the words I am and interprets it as a command — a directive to make it happen.
- Use the present tense. Describe what you want as though you already have it, as though it is already accomplished.
wrong: I am going to get a new silver Honda Accord.
right: I am thoroughly enjoying driving my new silver Honda Accord.
- State it in the positive. Affirm what you want, not what you don’t want. State your affirmations in the positive. The unconscious does not hear the word no. This means that the statement “Don’t slam the door.” is heard as “Slam the door”.
wrong: I am no longer afraid of flying.
right: I am enjoying the thrill of flying.
- Keep it brief. Think of your affirmation as a radio jingle. Act as if every word costs INR 15000. It must be short enough at the same time memorable enough to be easily remembered.
- Make it specific. Remember, vague affirmations produce vague results.
Wrong: I am driving my new red car.
Right: I am driving my new red Honda Civic.
- Include an action word ending with -ing. The active verb adds power to the effect by evoking an image of doing it right now.
Wrong: I express myself openly and honestly.
Right: I am confidently expressing myself openly and honestly.
- Include at least one dynamic emotion or feeling word. Include the emotional state you would be feeling if you had already achieved the goal.
Some commonly used words are enjoying, joyfully, happily, celebrating, proudly, calmly, peacefully, delighted, enthusiastic, lovingly, secure, serenely, and triumphant.
Wrong: I am maintaining my perfect body weight of 60 kilo.
Right: I am feeling energetic and agile at 60 kilo body weight!
- Make the affirmations for yourself, not others. When you are constructing your affirmations, make them describe your behavior, not the behavior of others.
Wrong: I am watching Ravi clean up his room.
Right: I am effectively communicating my needs and desires to Ravi.
- Add or something better. When you are affirming getting a specific situation (job, opportunity, vacation), material object (house, car, boat), or relationship (husband, wife, child), always add the words “or something (someone) better.” Sometimes our criteria for what we want come from our ego or from our limited experience. Sometimes there’s someone or something better that’s available for us, so let your affirmation include this phrase when it is appropriate.
Example: I am enjoying living in my beautiful Villa spread over half an acre plot in the middle of Bangalore city or somewhere better.
Now that you have been revealed this, make sure that you get on to writing your affirmations. Remember to share them with me too.