Did you know that 20% of millionaires never set foot in college? Even Bill Gates and Steve Jobs dropped out of college! Plus there are countless other examples of people who became successful in their field or who started a new path in their life without...read more
I am living positively at all times and have given up using negative phrases like “I can’t” because I know I CAN!
I am living positively at all times and have given up using negative phrases like "I can't" because I know I CAN! Your brain is designed to solve problems and reach goals, and that means you must give up phrases like "I can't," "I wish I were able to," and "If only I...read more
Affirmation of the day I am working toward fulfilling my goals every day and I easily move past those times when my expectations are not met. Napoleon Hill, the author of Think and Grow Rich once said, "You can be anything you want to be, if only you believe with...read more
July 12, 2019 Today I enter into my 59th year. Leaving behind 58 year's of life filled with love, care, togetherness and unshakable belief in God. Thank you Parvathi, Kuberan, Nisha, Amulya, all my siblings, school and college friends, staff and clients who shaped me...read more
Affirmation for Meditation & Reflection I choose to believe things are possible, even when I don't know how they will happen. There are two roadblocks that hold us back from achieving our goals and making good decisions. The first one is fear of what we don't...read more
Art of being Agreeable
Probably nothing will help you so much in your life time as this easy to do technique of Being Agreeable.
As long as you live, remember that any fool can disagree with people. It takes a wise person, a shrewd and a big person to agree — especially when the other person is wrong.
Remember the following 6 steps:
- Learn to be agreeable, to agree with people. Get yourself into a frame of mind, an attitude of being agreeable. Develop an agreeable nature consciously.
- Tell people when you agree with them. It isn’t enough to be agreeable with people. Let them know that you agree with them. Nod your head yes and look at them when you do it and say to them, “I agree with you.” or “You are right.”
- Avoid telling people when you disagree with them. (Unless it is absolutely necessary.)
- Admit when you are wrong. Say so out loud, “I made a mistake.” or “I was wrong.” Surprisingly people will appreciate you for they instantly know that you are a big person at heart.
- Refrain from arguing. No one ever wins arguments or friends by arguing. Simply refuse to argue even if you are right.
- Handle fighters properly. Remember, the fighters only want to fight. The best thing to do is to refuse to fight with them. They will sputter, fume and then look silly.
Remember, people will like you when you agree with them. They dislike those who disagree with them. No one likes being disagreed with.