Self Appraisal A little boy went to a telephone booth which was at the cash counter of a store and dialed a number. The store-owner observed and listened to the conversation: Boy: “Madam, can you please give me the job of cutting your lawn? Woman: (at the other end of...read more
Rewiring your brain to become More Calm and Loving… The Boss was retiring. Everyone had tears in their eyes on the day of his farewell. One of the employees said, "Sir, there is one thing we want to learn from you. You worked here for so many years. Leave aside about...read more
Your Key to Success & Happiness All of us want two things out of life -- Success and Happiness. And one common denominator for all success and happiness is other people. Merely learning how to get along with people is no guarantee of either success or happiness....read more
The key to successful human relations The real key to successful human relations is learning as much as we can about human nature as it is, not as we think it ought to be. Only when we understand just what we are dealing with are we in a position to deal with it...read more
You can get what you want & help others at the same time. Right now you have in abundance many things that other people want. Offer these things to others and they will gladly give you success and happiness in return. Maybe you have never fully realized that you...read more
Art of being Agreeable
Probably nothing will help you so much in your life time as this easy to do technique of Being Agreeable.
As long as you live, remember that any fool can disagree with people. It takes a wise person, a shrewd and a big person to agree — especially when the other person is wrong.
Remember the following 6 steps:
- Learn to be agreeable, to agree with people. Get yourself into a frame of mind, an attitude of being agreeable. Develop an agreeable nature consciously.
- Tell people when you agree with them. It isn’t enough to be agreeable with people. Let them know that you agree with them. Nod your head yes and look at them when you do it and say to them, “I agree with you.” or “You are right.”
- Avoid telling people when you disagree with them. (Unless it is absolutely necessary.)
- Admit when you are wrong. Say so out loud, “I made a mistake.” or “I was wrong.” Surprisingly people will appreciate you for they instantly know that you are a big person at heart.
- Refrain from arguing. No one ever wins arguments or friends by arguing. Simply refuse to argue even if you are right.
- Handle fighters properly. Remember, the fighters only want to fight. The best thing to do is to refuse to fight with them. They will sputter, fume and then look silly.
Remember, people will like you when you agree with them. They dislike those who disagree with them. No one likes being disagreed with.